INTRODUCTION OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM
PROGRAM: HORTICULTURE AND LANDSCAPING
The program of Horticulture and Landscaping was built up based on a new approach in Bachelor profession oriented higher education (POHE), which has been applied widely in EU countries and other countries possessing a developed education in the world. The program was developed by Vietnam National University of Agriculture, formerly named Hanoi University of Agriculture, and started new enrollments in 2007.
The objective of the program is to train and educate students equiped with sufficient knowledge, good skills, and right attitude required for a successful start up after graduation in the context of the continual changing market economy.
FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM
- The program is organized in a modular system in which each module is attached with clear training objectives.
- Experts from the world of work (WoW) directly participate in training and education
- Apply the integrated approach where knowledge and skill training are connected with practical acquirement
- Apply the active training method where “student is centered”
- Students have opportunities to practise at the employers’ organizations (including state organizations, professional research institutes, research and technology transferring institutions, and entrepreuners in the horticultural and landscaping field) from the first semesters of programme.
- Training duration: 4 years
- Total credits: 120
- Annualy enrollment target: 80 students
After five semesters for fundamental courses of horticulture and landscaping, students are able to choose one of three below majors to follow up the completion of program that is suitable for their interests and capabilities:
1, Production and production management of horticultural crops in covered houses.
2, Design and landscaping construction
3, Marketing and trading
All lecturers were educated formally at foreign institutions. They possess good experiences and high level in training and research, as well as being capable of consultancy and supervision for Bachelor students in the profession oriented higher education.
The facility system is sufficiently equiped for students to study and best practices with one meeting/seminar hall, one laboratory invested by the Netherlands, one high technology greenhouse supported by Israel Embassy, three practical rooms, and one research room for students, four plasstic houses and an area of over 2000 m2 for field practicals.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AND STUDY ABROAD
- After graduation, engineers of Horticulture and Landscaping have chances to work at state organizations, research and technology transferring institutions, entrepreuners of production and trading, and/or being capable of starting up successfully in the horticultural and landscaping sector.
- At the university, students of Horticulture and Landscaping have chances to sign up for internships, and exchanging programs of abroad organizations such as in Japan, Thailand, and Israel…Furthermore, students also have opportunities to follow conjuction education programs that have been signed between VNUA and foreign partners.
For more information, please refer to the website: www.rhq.vnua.edu.vn